Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
This site is a hub for EU-funded research projects on ICT and Water Management. Read more.
- INNOQUA workshop “BLUE CITIES: Innovative Urban Water Management at District Scale”For those involved in the development and deployment of innovations wastewater treatment, you’re hereby invited to co-chair an upcoming workshop entitled, “BLUE CITIES: Innovative Urban Water Management at District Scale” being […]
- ICT4Water welcomes Run4Life and SPACE-OTwo new projects have joined the ICT4Water cluster. Run4Life is a 4-year project that started in June 2017 and proposes a radical new technological concept for wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery that is based on source-separated collection […]
- KINDRA project Final ConferenceRead more here or register directly at https://eurogeologists.eu/kindra-final-conference/ […]
- ICT4Water present at Connected Smart Cities conference 2018January 11, Mrs. Evdokia Achilleos from EASME presented the ICT4Water cluster at the Connected Smart Cities Conference (#CSCC18) organized by Open and Agile Smart Cities (OASC). The session Natural Resources – Digital Water and Beyond, which was […]
- Action Plan 2017 Flash ReportICT4Water Action Plan, Digital Single Market of water services Brussels, December 1, 2017 European Commission – DG CONNECT – Avenue de Beaulieu, 25 – 1160 Auderghem (Brussels) On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.