Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
This site is a hub for EU-funded research projects on ICT and Water Management. Read more.
- ICT4Water present at ICT2018: Imagine Digital – Connect Europe eventFour EU funded projects to showcase their innovative solutions in digital water management at the ICT 2018: Imagine Digital – Connect Europe event in Vienna on 4-6 December 2018. SIM4NEXUS (Sustainable Integrated Management FOR the NEXUS of […]
- New contest supports sustainable municipal water conceptsNew contest supports sustainable municipal water concepts POWER Idea competition now accepting applications – Closing date 30 November A consortium of cities, SMEs and researchers has just launched a competition recognising the most […]
- SECLI-FIRM Stakeholder WorkshopEU H2020 project, The Added Value of Seasonal Climate Forecasting for Integrated Risk Management (SECLI-FIRM), focuses on how the application of seasonal forecasting can help to improve the efficiency and resilience of systems in the energy and […]
- 1st International LIFE REWAT Summer SchoolWe are happy to announce that within the EU co-financed LIFE REWAT project (www.liferewat.eu), Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna will host in Pisa (Italy) the first edition of the Summer School Digital water management and water-related agroecosystem […]
- Flash report on WIE ICT4Water cluster workshopTowards A Digital Single Market of water Services “Smart water services: Bridging the digital and the physical world”. Brussels, June 13, 2018 On June 13th 2018, during the annual Water Innovation Europe Event held in Brussells, the Executive Agency […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.