Welcome to the ICT4Water Cluster
Due to growing population and economy, seasonal climatic conditions have changed, including extreme events as floods and droughts. This affects as a whole the availability of water resources at world level.
ICT and water efficiency is a key policy issue with potential for new research area that includes decision supporting system for the measurement of water quality and quantity including the recycling and water reuse processes.
This necessitates increased interoperability between water information systems at EU and national levels and efficiency of water resources management.
- [POWER] July newsletter publishedThe POWER project published the July edition of their newsletter. With announcements of the upcoming POWER conference in Brussels, the workshop “Citizen and Community Participation for Climate Change Adaptation” in Rostock, Germany and […]
- Flash report: ICT4Water cluster Annual Event 2019Brussels, June 11, 2019 On 11 June the ICT4Water cluster Annual event gathered nearly 100 professionals from the smart water community and 27+ member projects to work together on the digital transformation of the water sector. The event was […]
- Press release STOP-IT: Public Warning Notification System for water infrastructure protectionStrategic, tactical and operational protection of water infrastructure is the core of STOP-IT, the European H2020 funded research project that focuses on finding solutions to protect critical water infrastructure against physical and cyber threats, […]
- One week left for Annual Cluster meetingPreparations for the ICT4Water cluster annual event in Brussels on June 11 are in its final stage. The ICT4Water community will reflect on the cluster’s mission and collaboratively work on the Action Plan, receive the steering advice from Commission […]
- Giving power to your city – the POWER Follower City ConferenceOn April 12, POWER project organises the “Giving power to your city – the POWER Follower City Conference” which will be held in Pisa, Italy. POWER Follower Cities and other interested municipalities are expected to attend the […]
ICT4Water Action Plan
On December 1st 2017, the ICT4Water cluster presented an Action Plan to support the setting out of a Digital Single Market of Water Services. Promoted by DG-CONNECT, the action plan is a step forward from roadmaps presented in 2015 and 2016. This year (2017) open workshops were held as core sessions of big water sector events, such as Water Wise Conference, Water Innovation Europe, EIP Water conference 2017, DG RTD /EASME “Boosting Research & Innovation in the Water Sector: The Impact of EU-funded actions” and several bilateral events, with ICT4Water cluster members discussing and proposing how to afford digital water challenges, so as to collect and define the views presented in this strategic document. Additionally, collaborative contributions provided by co-members of several associations and working groups such as the WssTP, BDVA, AIOTI and EIP Water were collected too.
The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services is focusing on a wider approach including Water Management, Treatment, Reuse, Circular Economy and every water-related area, and all other relevant areas where ICT can contribute. It proposes the creation of a borderless Digital single market for water services, and contributes to the Connected Digital Single Market and the Resilient Energy Union objectives by promoting sustainable smart technologies in the water sector.