Specific privacy statement for the ICT4Water cluster (v2018/10/17)
Your personal data are processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
The data controller of the processing operation is EASME Head of Unit B.2, at the following email: EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
The legal basis for the processing operations are Article 5(a) of Regulation EC 45/2001 whereby processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties or other legal instruments adopted on the basis thereof ; Article 5(d) of Regulation EC 45/2001 based on your explicit consent for your personal data indicated below as not compulsory;
The purpose of processing your personal data is to allow the ICT4Water cluster to perform their tasks, in particular to manage ICT4Water applications for new project members, to send ICT4Water newsletters and mail notifications on new or updated cluster related information, to send invitations for cluster related events, to allow registration to cluster related events and for feedback activities such as questionnaires concerning ICT4Water’s activities, the Action Plan and EU policy related issues.
The following of your personal data are collected: Personal data is collected through 3 channels (i) the ICT4Water application form for new projects (ii) the electronic ICT4Water newsletter subscription form and/or iii) registration form for a cluster event. The personal data requested for each case are:
– ICT4Water application forms: your first name and last name, email address and role in project, being a general contact person and/or the dissemination manager, such data is requested from projects wishing to join the cluster.
– ICT4Water newsletter: your first name and last name and email address are requested from individuals wishing to subscribe.
– ICT4Water event registration form: your first name and last name and email address are requested from individuals wishing to attend the event.
The above mentioned personal data are mandatory for the purpose outlined above (except where indicated otherwise in the registration form). All personal data in electronic format (e-mails, documents, uploaded batches of data etc.) are stored on the servers of EASME, the European Commission or of its contractors, the operations of which abide by the European Commission’s security Decisions 2017/46 of 10 January 2017 and 2015/443 of 13 March 2015.
EASME’s contractors are bound by specific contractual clauses for any processing operations of your personal data on behalf of EASME, and by the confidentiality obligations deriving from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) (OJ L 119/1, 4.5.2016).
EASME and its contractors have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information collected.
Staff of EASME and of its contractors who have access to personal data are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this privacy statement by, for example, not using the personal data for any purpose other than the ones foreseen in this Privacy Statement.
The recipients of your data will be:
1) EASME service contractor BM-Change, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, BM-Change is responsible for managing the website, replying to your enquiries, has access to your personal data as “Admin” of the ICT4Water website, and for managing the ICT4Water newsletter, by entering your e-mail address, name and/or organisation name.
2) EASME service contractor Gabriel Anzaldi Varas, acting as data processor. As service contractor for ICT4Water, Gabriel Anzaldi Varas is responsible for coordinating “The Action Plan for a Digital Single Market for Water Services” and replying to your enquiries.
3) Authorised staff of EASME and the European Commission acting as contact points with the Cluster in charge of monitoring and supporting the cluster’s activities based on a “need to know” principle. Such staff abide by statutory, and when required, additional confidentiality agreements.
4) Authorised staff of the National University of Ireland, Galway acting as data processor, has access to your data as hosting provider of the ICT4Water website.
5) Authorised staff of The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp (“MailChimp”) acting as data processor. MailChimp is responsible for the distribution of the ICT4Water newsletter.
6) Data may be transmitted to bodies responsible for monitoring, inspection or regulatory tasks under EU law, (e.g. internal audits, European Anti-fraud Office – OLAF) performing administrative investigations.
7) Data may be transmitted to contact points of other cluster members so to enable communication between the projects for purposes of the cluster
The collected personal data will be handled confidentially and used only by the relevant staff of the European Commission, EASME and its contractors for the purposes foreseen in this Privacy Statement. Your personal data is not made public.
Your data as collected when registered as a contact person for an ICT4Water member project will be kept until 5 years after the end of the member project. Data will be automatically deleted at the end of this period. Your personal data will be deleted immediately when you unregister as a contact person for a member project. You can unregister as a project contact person by contacting the EASME ICT4Water team through EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
Your data as collected when subscribed to the ICT4Water newsletter will be deleted when you unsubscribe from the newsletter or when ICT4Water ends the publication and distribution of the ICT4Water newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time from the ICT4Water newsletter through the link in the newsletter.
Your data as collected during the registration of an ICT4Water events will be kept for a maximum period of 12 months after the end of the event. Data will be automatically deleted at the end of this period.
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the EASME Head of Unit B.2, at the following email: EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
You may also request us to delete your personal data completely. This means that you will also terminate all services and access rights that may be linked to this data.
You shall have right of recourse at any time to the EASME Data Protection Officer at EASME-DPO@ec.europa.eu and to the European Data Protection Supervisor at https://edps.europa.eu.
Cookies are short text files stored on a user’s device (such as a computer, tablet or phone) by a website. Cookies are used for the technical functioning of a website or for gathering statistics. Cookies are also typically used to provide a more personalised experience for a user for example, when an online service remembers your user profile without you having to login.
When you visit our website, we may collect some data on your browsing experience such as your IP address, the ICT4Water page you visited, when you visited and the website page you were redirected from. This information is used to gather aggregated and anonymous statistics with a view to improving our services and to enhance your user experience.
Third-party widgets such as YouTube or Twitter may install cookies depending on their configuration. You are not required to accept any cookies to use this site.
If you wish to access, correct or delete your personal data, you may do this by contacting the EASME ICT4Water team: EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
If you have comments or questions, any concerns or a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please contact the data controller EASME Head of Unit B.2 at EASME-B2-ICT4WATER@ec.europa.eu.
 Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (OJ L 8/1, 12.01.2001) currently under revision in the light of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) (OJ L 119/1, 4.5.2016).
 Act of Establishment: Commission Implementing Decision C(2013/771/EU) of 17 December 2013 establishing the ‘Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises’ and repealing Decisions 2004/20/EC and 2007/372/EC.